It has been so long since I was all by myself that I have forgotten how it actually feels. Was busy day in, day out with a number of things and today when I have nothing else to do apart from ruminating, I write. I stay alone and this is a bit surprising to me, because duh! how much of alone time do you need? May be, I have intentionally kept myself so occupied that I get no time to think. Could be good, could be bad. I strained my brain cells a little and realized I have become something else over these years.
This is the same, yearly, on coming birthday panic talk. I turn 27 a day after. Decided to take it in a positive stride this time! Is my life figured out yet—>
Bank Balance? hahaha..Come again?
Life Partner? Recuperating from commitment-phobia.
So then, reasons to smile? I might have some. Just finished my beginner’s French class. Spent a happy year teaching lovely kids and making new friends. Moments when I self treated myself, with a hot chocolate drink, a mango shake or a cute dress. Funny dance moves. Long conversations and kissing emojis. Tiny trips here and there. Things that must not be shared. Night owl turning into an early bird moments. Trying to finish what’s on my plate moments. These little things. I think I could take on 27. 🙂 <3.
Okay, so I am this big fan of Shahrukh Khan. Not a fan by protocol though; I don’t collect his posters, or by heart his dialogues, nor have I watched his movies a zillion times. But I totally admire him to the very core. He is like this huge phenomenon in India. Some hate him, many love him; I am amongst those loyal breed of fans. “Good or bad, I’ll always root for you” sort of breed. And it is not an acquired taste. I have grown up watching his movies, uttering his corny movie dialogues, reading his boastful magazine interviews, defending him in front of my critical friends; if people would be like: he is losing his charm, my face would turn into a frown and my reaction: yeah, sure. You have a mouth, speak whatever! (mighty sensitive)
I hoot like a crazy woman every time I go to his movies. I listen to his interviews with utmost attention, as if I have to give an exam on it a day later. Some people grow on you and then you just want well for them, no matter what. So, blind adulation it is. All the way. <3.
And on his 50th, I treated myself with chocolate pastry(It is kind of my way to celebrate little occasions).
This is an awards post by an extremely laggard person. I am late as ever but I do accept all the nominations with utmost delight! These awards…they pump me up and make me want to dance; do that Gangnam style step. Only they need a lot of thinking and writing and energy and so, I am always late. Then again, they are a great medium to interact. Now without further ado, I’ll get started!
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award…was nominated by Deb and xiaohuamaobiji(Yen) for this. It surprises me to an extent because I only have a handful of girlfriends and I keep quarrelling with them too! Nevertheless, thank you very much you two. I accept the Sisterhood with open arms! 🙂 Do check their blogs out. Deb’s daily grateful posts make me smile every day. She constantly reaches out and encourages you beyond measure. And Yen is a very diligent blogger who also happens to be a bibliophile. She must have totally forgotten that she nominated me, in another era!
HERE ARE THE RULES (COPIED, PASTED): AND YOU ARE FREE TO BEND THEM!
• Put the Award logo on your blog
• Thank the person who nominated you, linking back to their site
1. What’s your favorite song? No particular favorites. Fix you by Coldplay coming in my mind. And in hindi, Rangrez from Tanu Weds Manu.
2. What’s one thing you are grateful for? My family, totally.
3. What’s your favorite day of the week and why? I love Saturdays. Why? Each of my Saturdays go differently, unlike other days, may be that’s why.
4. Do you work or are you retired? I work.
5. Early Bird or Night Owl? Oh Night owl since forever. I do wonder what being an early bird would feel like.
6. How long have you been blogging? Less than a year, almost a year. How do I put it?? 0.833 year. I started blogging in Dec’14.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up? If I remember correctly, I wanted to be a doctor. And now if given a chance I would like to ask my younger self, why did you want to become a doctor??? They have to cut bodies. Basically, I wasn’t much serious about it while growing up.
8. What do you do for relaxation? I listen to songs. I dance. To put it more correctly, I monkey dance.
9. Which of your own posts is your favorite? oh! I think I am bad with favorites. I did like a line I wrote in this one post “I’ll imbibe you such that the difference cannot be told”, no favorites apart from that.
10. Do you believe in ghosts? I am so scared of (movie)ghosts.. Don’t ever want to face one in real life. That does make me a believer I suppose!
These were from Yen.
1. What type of weather do you like? I do like all weathers. BUT winters, I Loooove..they have their own charm.
2. What is your favourite colour? Mustard I guess.
3. What is your favourite drink? Does mango shake count? I love mango milkshakes. I don’t drink much otherwise.
4. What is your favourite pastime? Sitting idle, talking to my friends.
5. What do you find inspiring? Rooted and hardworking people. You know who don’t crib about every second problem. And even if they crib, they get past it.
6. Do you have pets? No. :(. I want one so bad. My friends say I won’t be able to give time.
7. Do you cook? uhh. Shudder. I have to cook as I stay alone. But I don’t find any part of it amusing. I wasn’t born to cook, but to shop, that’s what my apron says, so you can get the idea.
8. Coffee or tea? COFFEE.
9. If you could only live on one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Burger may be, something related to bread.
10. Use 3 words to describe you. (thinking…) Capricious, Sensitive and Biased(towards things or people I like)
1. Does your age obstruct you from doing any thing?
2. When was the last time you danced and to which song?
3. Do you hum when you bath?
4. Most comfortable clothing for you?
5. Do you like your name? Have you googled on what it means?
6. One topic that instinctively triggers your feminist side?
7. One good habit of yours that you are happy about and could flaunt?
8. Tell one quirky habit of yours? (That you find quirky)
9. Heels or flats?
10. Describe one moment when you were completely awestruck.
Starlight Blogger Award, was nominated by Salmanmariah for this. She has a twin and I get so darn excited by this very awesome fact. Her blog is a collection of various interesting topics. Thank you for the nomination, been a month, so apologies too!
1)Thank and link back the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions posted to you and create your own set of questions for the nominees.
3) Nominate other bloggers.
Q1) Who has been a Starlight in your life? my Mommy, so proud of her.
Q2)What is that emotion you will never want to be without? This is coming out like a very tough question to me; I’ll never want to be shut..like this is it, no where further to go…want to be always open to possibilities.
Q3)If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently? I would probably eat more, eat healthy, not be how careless I have been.
Q4)If you could keep only five possessions, what would they be?(I am not thinking it over)iPod, iPod’s charger(coz the battery would die), a pen(coz I carry one everywhere), my glasses(cannot do without them) and a bag.
Q5) If you ever had to describe yourself in one word.. What would it be? I have answered it as whimsical before, so this time I’ll change a bit. Mm….Uncertain (because that’s how I have been from past few days)
1. What thought makes you get up from your bed in the morning?
2. One scary incident of your life? Like horror scary, not tragic scary.
3. Are you weight conscious or you eat without any worry?
4. Which festive occasion you love the mos and why?
5. Are you a talker or you know, otherwise?
And now the one that had me going weeehooooooo…Versatile Blogger Award by bp7o9(popular as Beeps). There was this particular line that made me all gooey. “So I’ll take some time to acknowledge people who’ve let everything hang out on the page”. :-). <3. She is the first one I have come across who would put so much of her time to acknowledge fellow bloggers, ever so generously!!! Thank you and hugs(even if you are not a hugger) Do check her blog! Rules:
– Tell seven random facts about you.
– Link the person who nominated you.
– Nominate other bloggers who you think bring various things to the plate(I have tweaked this rule a little..nominate as many you like!)
Now BP asked me to Dig Deep. Here is my attempt. Seven things you didn’t know about me:
1. I am always uncomfortable with the way my hairs are tied. I keep changing it several times in a day. I’ll make a bun, then a pony, then will let them loose…Is this some sort of disorder that I am not aware of?
2. I am a stacker. I pile up so many useless things. It is very difficult for me to even dispense a filled notepad or an over used top. So my room keeps filling.
3. I don’t quite like umbrellas. Sure they look cute, but I don’t like using them. I would rather drench in the rain.
4. I also don’t like heart breaks; but apparently I am on a heart breaking(aka getting my heart broken)spree without choice. Does the chain ever end?
5. I want to muster enough courage one day to hold a snake(non poisonous of course!) in my hands. Which would be a hell lottttttttttttt of courage.
6. I don’t quite like porno movies. I don’t get the kick! Sometimes I wonder if it is odd.
7. Till now you would have realized, I don’t like so many things. This is one bad trait of mine. I say No a lot due to my stubbornness. Is stuck up the word? No I won’t call myself that, but a little difficult, yes.