It is strange how sometimes the regular stuff you do becomes irregular and out of sync. Like I am reading after long today, lying awake at 3.25 in the morning, taking screen shots of quotes I like, watching TV shows I enjoy, listening to interviews of my favorite actors, doing stuff I regularly do, after a long pause in time. Have been busy of late, happily busy if I may add. But this feels right. No judgements; no opinions. Safe space in my own bubble.
My bff told me, these are my escape routes, things that I do when I am alone. But it ain’t quite true. I find comfort in these things. I am missing time to do these mundane things. So..what do we do, when world around us changes? We change a bit too, yet keep intact these proclivities. Quirks that make you, you.
No! No! No! Don’t tell me I am a grown up. Don’t expect me to act my age. Don’t guide me on “what’s supposed to be right”. Don’t read me the rule book. I am yet to jump out of the aeroplane and shout at top of my lungs. I am yet to color my hair crazy and regret about it a day later. I haven’t yet embarrassed myself at a Karaoke. I am still not ready to swallow tablets when sick! When will I ever learn to skate? And oooh Salsa! Still have a night to spend toiling on what will be my pet’s name, once I have one. My last first kiss has still not arrived! I am yet to commit many more silly mistakes of my life. I still have so much to achieve. So when you say, do this, do that, you should know I’ll not listen. You should know, I’ll be on my own, and I’ll be fine.
P.S. We have to make the most of it! Good day.
Am I the only one who hates admitting that she likes Taylor Swift songs because…you know.. mostly teenagers love her..and there is so much of craze surrounding her..but secretly hymns her songs and actually loves them?!
Well as much as I am delighted on being nominated for the award, creative seems too big a compliment for what I do here. :). Nevertheless, I would like to thank ajayi for nominating me and reading my posts and making me feel all special. She is full of vibrant energy and that reflects in her blog. Her writings exhibit positivity and a feel good factor… https://thrillofbliss.wordpress.com/.
Rules are pretty simple:
– Share five facts about yourself.
– Thank the person who nominated you and post their blog’s link.
– Nominate other bloggers.
– Pass on the rules.
Okay…so facts..might be abstract but true:
1. I like reading books but I read them at a realllyyyy slow pace. Call me the tortoise amongst readers. I somewhat live through them and bookmark every third page and laugh and cry along with them. On odd days, I also wonder if it is some character flaw of mine and if my brain processes slow. :D.
2. Love to shop..live to shop. I know it is material happiness but means so much to me!
3. I don’t like hurting people. Not with my actions nor my words. If someone has been rude to me I would rather make them realize it’s wrong than avenge for it. Having said that, I sometimes get rude with my friends but that is all silly banter and gets sorted in a day or two.
4. I like changing my hair style every now and then. Experimentation and the fun involved is all too good! Want to have boy-cut hairs in near future.
5. I don’t have much affection for kids yet..they look very messy and delicate. Now being a women I might have to have kids later far later..but I would better have a pet and demo with it first,..to see if I am up for a baby!
Well I would like to nominate:
Mighty interested in digging out facts about you people. :)!
P.S. I am very happy for a friend on his job. Patience/hardwork/prayers pay off. Just making a note.