Yesterday was my 1st anniversary with WordPress. I am like that husband who forgets the date and compensates for it a day later! Of course it means a lot to me darling. I have been so busy. bla and blah. Couldn’t find time on the D-day, but I will make up for it today.
So anyway, I am happy about this ONE year thing.
We have had a pleasant journey…I and my blog. It has made me more calm from inside, if you guys know what I mean?
I have had episodes in the last year…heart breaks, journeys, insomnia, moments of doubt, highs and lows. You know, usual human stuff. I have let it all out here and realized that happiness manifolds when you share it with others and blues get pacified at so many levels. Being faulty, or feeling lonely doesn’t come across as weird anymore. People out here are lovely. They have cheered me and appeased me; made me fly high on days I recognized as plain ordinary.
Then, I read what others write. On some days I ponder about it, the other days marvel at it. Some make me sad, some make me jubilant and some make my mouth go wide open! I kind of knew I had this emotional side to me and people here hit the damn right chords. So, THANK YOU all.
I tend to continue.
Happy blogging to myself and everyone reading it. Yoohooo!
This is an awards post by an extremely laggard person. I am late as ever but I do accept all the nominations with utmost delight! These awards…they pump me up and make me want to dance; do that Gangnam style step. Only they need a lot of thinking and writing and energy and so, I am always late. Then again, they are a great medium to interact. Now without further ado, I’ll get started!
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award…was nominated by Deb and xiaohuamaobiji(Yen) for this. It surprises me to an extent because I only have a handful of girlfriends and I keep quarrelling with them too! Nevertheless, thank you very much you two. I accept the Sisterhood with open arms! 🙂 Do check their blogs out. Deb’s daily grateful posts make me smile every day. She constantly reaches out and encourages you beyond measure. And Yen is a very diligent blogger who also happens to be a bibliophile. She must have totally forgotten that she nominated me, in another era!
HERE ARE THE RULES (COPIED, PASTED): AND YOU ARE FREE TO BEND THEM!
• Put the Award logo on your blog
• Thank the person who nominated you, linking back to their site
1. What’s your favorite song? No particular favorites. Fix you by Coldplay coming in my mind. And in hindi, Rangrez from Tanu Weds Manu.
2. What’s one thing you are grateful for? My family, totally.
3. What’s your favorite day of the week and why? I love Saturdays. Why? Each of my Saturdays go differently, unlike other days, may be that’s why.
4. Do you work or are you retired? I work.
5. Early Bird or Night Owl? Oh Night owl since forever. I do wonder what being an early bird would feel like.
6. How long have you been blogging? Less than a year, almost a year. How do I put it?? 0.833 year. I started blogging in Dec’14.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up? If I remember correctly, I wanted to be a doctor. And now if given a chance I would like to ask my younger self, why did you want to become a doctor??? They have to cut bodies. Basically, I wasn’t much serious about it while growing up.
8. What do you do for relaxation? I listen to songs. I dance. To put it more correctly, I monkey dance.
9. Which of your own posts is your favorite? oh! I think I am bad with favorites. I did like a line I wrote in this one post “I’ll imbibe you such that the difference cannot be told”, no favorites apart from that.
10. Do you believe in ghosts? I am so scared of (movie)ghosts.. Don’t ever want to face one in real life. That does make me a believer I suppose!
These were from Yen.
1. What type of weather do you like? I do like all weathers. BUT winters, I Loooove..they have their own charm.
2. What is your favourite colour? Mustard I guess.
3. What is your favourite drink? Does mango shake count? I love mango milkshakes. I don’t drink much otherwise.
4. What is your favourite pastime? Sitting idle, talking to my friends.
5. What do you find inspiring? Rooted and hardworking people. You know who don’t crib about every second problem. And even if they crib, they get past it.
6. Do you have pets? No. :(. I want one so bad. My friends say I won’t be able to give time.
7. Do you cook? uhh. Shudder. I have to cook as I stay alone. But I don’t find any part of it amusing. I wasn’t born to cook, but to shop, that’s what my apron says, so you can get the idea.
8. Coffee or tea? COFFEE.
9. If you could only live on one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Burger may be, something related to bread.
10. Use 3 words to describe you. (thinking…) Capricious, Sensitive and Biased(towards things or people I like)
1. Does your age obstruct you from doing any thing?
2. When was the last time you danced and to which song?
3. Do you hum when you bath?
4. Most comfortable clothing for you?
5. Do you like your name? Have you googled on what it means?
6. One topic that instinctively triggers your feminist side?
7. One good habit of yours that you are happy about and could flaunt?
8. Tell one quirky habit of yours? (That you find quirky)
9. Heels or flats?
10. Describe one moment when you were completely awestruck.
Starlight Blogger Award, was nominated by Salmanmariah for this. She has a twin and I get so darn excited by this very awesome fact. Her blog is a collection of various interesting topics. Thank you for the nomination, been a month, so apologies too!
1)Thank and link back the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions posted to you and create your own set of questions for the nominees.
3) Nominate other bloggers.
Q1) Who has been a Starlight in your life? my Mommy, so proud of her.
Q2)What is that emotion you will never want to be without? This is coming out like a very tough question to me; I’ll never want to be shut..like this is it, no where further to go…want to be always open to possibilities.
Q3)If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently? I would probably eat more, eat healthy, not be how careless I have been.
Q4)If you could keep only five possessions, what would they be?(I am not thinking it over)iPod, iPod’s charger(coz the battery would die), a pen(coz I carry one everywhere), my glasses(cannot do without them) and a bag.
Q5) If you ever had to describe yourself in one word.. What would it be? I have answered it as whimsical before, so this time I’ll change a bit. Mm….Uncertain (because that’s how I have been from past few days)
1. What thought makes you get up from your bed in the morning?
2. One scary incident of your life? Like horror scary, not tragic scary.
3. Are you weight conscious or you eat without any worry?
4. Which festive occasion you love the mos and why?
5. Are you a talker or you know, otherwise?
And now the one that had me going weeehooooooo…Versatile Blogger Award by bp7o9(popular as Beeps). There was this particular line that made me all gooey. “So I’ll take some time to acknowledge people who’ve let everything hang out on the page”. :-). <3. She is the first one I have come across who would put so much of her time to acknowledge fellow bloggers, ever so generously!!! Thank you and hugs(even if you are not a hugger) Do check her blog! Rules:
– Tell seven random facts about you.
– Link the person who nominated you.
– Nominate other bloggers who you think bring various things to the plate(I have tweaked this rule a little..nominate as many you like!)
Now BP asked me to Dig Deep. Here is my attempt. Seven things you didn’t know about me:
1. I am always uncomfortable with the way my hairs are tied. I keep changing it several times in a day. I’ll make a bun, then a pony, then will let them loose…Is this some sort of disorder that I am not aware of?
2. I am a stacker. I pile up so many useless things. It is very difficult for me to even dispense a filled notepad or an over used top. So my room keeps filling.
3. I don’t quite like umbrellas. Sure they look cute, but I don’t like using them. I would rather drench in the rain.
4. I also don’t like heart breaks; but apparently I am on a heart breaking(aka getting my heart broken)spree without choice. Does the chain ever end?
5. I want to muster enough courage one day to hold a snake(non poisonous of course!) in my hands. Which would be a hell lottttttttttttt of courage.
6. I don’t quite like porno movies. I don’t get the kick! Sometimes I wonder if it is odd.
7. Till now you would have realized, I don’t like so many things. This is one bad trait of mine. I say No a lot due to my stubbornness. Is stuck up the word? No I won’t call myself that, but a little difficult, yes.
So..this time it is Sisterhood of the world bloggers award. I feel overjoyed and humbled at the same time. I hardly knew such awards existed when I first started blogging…good or bad..in a way they do instigate you to keep writing. I guess that is certainly a good thing! 🙂
I got nominated by Lauren who is the cutest girl around in my blogspace..she is earthly and real and intelligent..She will frown on crappy things and rejoice on happy moments..love reading her posts..even love her blog title.. https://justapreciouspenny.wordpress.com/..you guys have got to check it out!
Alright..rules are pretty simple…you get nominated…you nominate other bloggers..and since it is the sisterhood…this time nominate only fellow girlie girls! Answer the questions you have been asked and then present your nominees the questions of your choice. So here are my answers to Lauren’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
A guy had broken my heart and I wasn’t finding any comfort in talking to people around me..so one of those days…blogging just happened..it was impromptu. And all is well now. :).
2. Do you like to read? If so, what book(s) would you recommend?
I do like to read, but I guess I am not a voracious reader. I love Jane Austen’s Persuasion and yeah I like Dan Brown’s novels. Currently read John Green’s Fault in our stars but it is a sob fest!
3. Do you prefer Converse or Toms?
I am more of those flip flops girl.. 😀 .but if you ask Converse..Toms haven’t much catched on in India yet.
4. What are some things that girls in their twenties should do? (any advice?)
Trips and lots of trips..and not holding yourself back from something you really want to do! Should do what your mind says. :). Age no bar.
5. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Well…right now Tangled is coming to my mind..i liked that movie.
6. If you could visit anywhere in the United States, where would you go?
Haven’t yet..but if I do visit I’ll try and cover a big slice..:)..New York first.
7. Do you have a pet?
Nooo…but I so darn wish. Want to keep a turtle or a bird. Just scared if I would be able to give it due care.
8. [This is stolen from Nicole, but it ‘s a great question!] What is your favorite quote and why?
I don’t have a “favourite” quote in particular, i love this one from “Flipped”:
Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss; but every once in a while, you find someone who’s iridescent, and once you do, nothing will ever compare.
9. Pick a super-power you would want for a day.
I would want to fly and meet all of my loved ones in that one day.
10. What is your favorite family tradition?
Whenever we gather up..which is not very often…we go for picnics..I just love that time. And then there is this singing game antakshari that my family plays..I and my bro will team up against mom dad. It is super fun!
Questions for my ladies:
1. What drives you to write?
2. Five must haves when you are travelling?
3. Do you ever get jealous of your girl friends? And do you think it is normal?
4. What is you favorite thing to shop?
5. What is the most likeable thing about you, according to you?
6. Give me one good song that comes to your mind right now?
7. Nights or days?
8. One TV show you can watch over and over again? (Friends in my case)
9. What do you like about old times? 90s.
10. Say you were a guy instead of a girl, what difference would it make? (Apart from you missing on this nomination 😀 )