Hi all! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by shaudvr and I am supposed to answer the questions she put forward. This is something I am new to, but anyway makes me glad you nominated me shaudvr. :).
These are the rules:
1. Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers (11) for the award that have fewer than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are my responses:
1. Why did you start a blog?
It relieves me in a way. I feel happier when I have written something and shared it across. I also relate to many others who write different stories from their lives. Blogging engages me.
2. Do people (friends, family) around you know you have a blog?
My closest friends, they know. My family, currently no. My colleagues and acquaintances, no. I wanted it to be more of a me thing where people who scarcely know me don’t give their opinions on my thoughts.
3. Where do you get inspiration for your blog posts?
My blog posts usually contain random thoughts that run in my mind, I see or experience something in my routine life and some days I write about it. Most of the times, I write when I am alone. So, may be seclusion inspires them.
4. What is something about yourself you feel like you need to work on?
I have to learn detachment. I want to be less affected by people around me. Some have become my weakness. I want to be content with myself. I do try.
5. What does blogging (writing) mean to you? (a hobby, way of expressing yourself e.g.)
Catharsis might be the right word for it. When I write something, I feel I have took it out of my mind and let it out to the world. These are just words coming out but they are my words, they are what I am in a way. I write and I let a little more bit of myself out.
6. What is your dream job?
Mmm, I still don’t have answer for this yet.
7. Who inspires you?
Hedonists inspire me. People who have suffered and still come out strong. People who have risen from the earth, started from the scratch. My mother inspires me for the person she is.
8. What is the most beautiful place you have visited so far?
Manali, India, comes to my mind right now. It was breath-takingly, refreshingly beautiful. Snow every where, the sun, the trees, the wind, the streets, everything to fall in love with!
9. What is your all time favorite movie?
I love this movie, The Prestige. I equally love, P.S. I Love You and DDLJ(Hindi). So that makes three of them.:).
10. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten? (I’m a foodie, so I couldn’t resist.)
I love everything my mom cooks. So home cooked chhole bhature, dosa, dhokla, dahi bade. All these are Indian dishes. :).
11. What is a quality you admire in people?
Genuineness. Honesty. People who are unassuming and comfortable to be around.
Well these questions did make me ponder. Now, my questions, your answers. :D. I would like to nominate the following:
3. K. L. Register
4. Ankit Mishra
6. Toothless Hedgehog
7. Pratik Akkwar
I would really love to read your answers and know you more! Thus the nominations. Following are my questions:
1. You started a blog because?
2. What do you love doing the most? Any activity.
3. Your favorite writer and the book you like most.
4. Describe one trait of yours that you find silly.
5. First childhood memory that comes to your mind?
6. You are most comfortable in what kind of clothes?
7. Summers or winters? Why?
8. Something you have learnt from your parents?
9. Do you think you’ll be writing after 5 years from now?
10. Best and the worst thing you find about technology?
11. If you had to keep a pet, what would it be?(the ones already having can describe theirs)
To the people I have linked, please do oblige if you find time. :). Ciao.